This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
HotelPlanner was founded in 2002 by Tim Hentschel and John Prince, and has since achieved a global portfolio of 50,000 hotels. According to Experian, the company is a top 50 travel site. HotelPlanner. com focuses its efforts on the group market to help clients select the right property for their event, combining technology with a highly experienced staff of professional meeting planners to deli…
About Hotel Planner
HotelPlanner is a travel website which says that they are the leading provider of online services to the “global group hotel sales market,” meaning that they assist people who are looking to arrange hotel stays for groups.
HotelPlanner is a mid-size hotels company operating the e-commerce site hotelplanner.com. HotelPlanner sells its products and services in the hotels industry. HotelPlanner offers discount codes and coupons to its customers occasionally. HotelPlanner has a mix of reviews among shoppers on Knoji, with 17 ratings and an average rating of 2.5 stars. HotelPlanner scores decently compared to other brands in the hotels industry, providing 2 e-commerce features to better serve its customers.
How Does it Work?
The website promises that they can arrange hotel stays for any type of group, from business meetings or conferences, to traveling sports teams, family reunions, weddings, tour groups, non profit, charity, or any other type of group.
HotelPlanner.com says that they can ensure the lowest possible rates for group hotel stays because their customers receive quotes directly from the hotel sales managers themselves, and not quotes which are automatically processed by a website.
If you do not receive the lowest possible rates that meet all the criteria you provided to HotelPlanner.com, the website promises that they will pay for your hotel room. For specific details regarding this policy, you’ll have to contact their Customer Service.
All you have to do to secure a quote is go to the website, submit your destination, your arrival and departure dates, the number of rooms your group will need, and the type of group you are representing.
You can also search for a meeting space by submitting your destination, the length of time you’ll need the meeting space, the room layout and time of your rental, the number of people attending the meeting, the hotel rooms needed, and the size of the room you’ll need.
HotelPlanner.com also offers free rooms for the coordinators of the groups that book through them, as well as discounts for any group which requires an extended stay.
Customers who have complaints about the arrangements of the rooms being booked should address those complaints to HotelPlanner.com and their staff, while any problems encountered during the stay itself or at the hotel should be brought to the attention of the hotel staff, so that problems can be addressed in a timely manner.
Simply input how many rooms you need, the destination, and desired price-range per room here. HotelPlanner takes it from there and submits your information to hotels who will bid for your business. You’ll receive emails instantly each time a new hotel submits an offer for your group. HotelPlanner works with all the major hotels like Marriott, Hilton, Wyndham, Omni, Intercontinental, and Starwood, and we’ve seen rates as low as $20-$25 per night, per room (up to 70% off regular rates). You can negotiate better rates during the bidding process by declining to accept a bid. When you decline a bid, the hotel is notified and may choose to bid a cheaper nightly rate to earn your business. You’ll be assigned a HotelPlanner account representative that will oversee the whole booking process and make sure that you get the right type of hotel for your event. Their service is so much easier than calling around to get quotes for your group, so it’s an extreme time saver.
HotelPlanner.com Gives Away $500 of Free
HotelPlanner.com is the leading provider of online services to the estimated $30-45 billion global group hotel sales market. Customers retain the ultimate decision-making power, enjoying access to competitive rates without ever having to pick up the phone or purchasing rooms at an undetermined hotel for pre-negotiated rates. Currently, HotelPlanner’s system processes over 15,000 group leads per month completely online. Over 30,000 hotel members currently compete online for HotelPlanner’s group business daily. HotelPlanner has increased sales in 2010 during a year when most travel companies were drastically down. HotelPlanner.com is projecting the same rapid lead and revenue growth for 2011.
HotelPlanner Portal Instructions
This is not intended to be all-inclusive manual for using the portal, as just a few highlights are noted here. It is important that you read the advisements on the Reservation Form VERY CAREFULLY, as it contains important information concerning cancellation policies, refund & nonrefundable conditions and the amount your credit card will be charged at the time of booking.
Waivers, exceptions and concessions will not be granted, for concerns that are addressed in written portal
advisements. You will have to acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy and payment condition, before the system will allow you to complete the transaction. Please do not click through
these advisements, without reading and understanding thoroughly, as your financial consequences can be substantial.
For budgetary compliance and audit purposes, be sure to select your appropriate agency affiliation, from the two drop-down boxes for individual bookings and for group bookings, as reporting is pulled and audited by individual agencies.
GROUP BOOKINGS INSTRUCTIONS
The system is extremely user-friendly for booking groups. You no longer have to call a list of hotels, nor receive phone calls from hotels that are not under consideration.
1. Begin by clicking http://louisiana.hotelplanner.com or by clicking the HotelPlanner logo, displayed on the Office of State Travel’s home page.
2. On the portal’s HOME PAGE, input the destination city, check-in & check-out dates and number of rooms (must be 9+ for a group) and click “Continue”. NOTE: Once the Meeting Quotation Request page
displays, you make decrease your rooms needed to a minimum of 5.)
3. Select your agency affiliation.
4. Confirm the number of rooms needed. There is NO maximum, but you may decrease it to a minimum of 5 rooms.
5. Select if singles or doubles are required
6. Select GOVERNMENT as the group type.
7. Select the star rating you will consider.
Comprision Of HotelPlanner and Reservations.com
- HotelPlanner and Reservations.com, industry leaders in travel technology and online hotel bookings, today announced a three-way merger agreement with Astrea Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: ASAXU), a special purpose acquisition company, that will result in their combining as a publicly listed company on NASDAQ under the new ticker symbol “HOTP.”
- The combined company will keep the HotelPlanner name after consummation of the merger. HotelPlanner, with its family of brands including HotelPlanner.com, Meetings.com and now Reservations.com, will offer individual, group and corporate booking access to more than 1 million global properties, enabled by a proprietary, cloud-based, artificial intelligence technology platform, and a 24/7 global gig-based customer service platform.
- The merger transaction is expected to enable HotelPlanner to transform into a diversified hotel and event booking platform with complementary revenue streams, and provide the combined company opportunities to realize multiple revenue and cost synergies to drive faster growth at scale.
- HotelPlanner was able to prove its resilience during the height of the pandemic in 2020, experiencing only an estimated 23% decline in revenue. By contrast, the world’s largest OTAs experienced a 2020 revenue decline of approximately 50%. Moreover, HotelPlanner expects its 2021 revenue to exceed 2019 revenue, which was a record year, by approximately 31%.
- The combined company has a forecasted 2022 revenue of approximately $170 million and is expecting a three-year revenue CAGR (2020 to 2023) of approximately 42%.
- The transaction values the combined company at an enterprise value of $567.1 million, plus additional consideration should it achieve market-based milestones.
- HotelPlanner intends to use most of the anticipated net proceeds to accelerate organic growth by continuing to increase effectiveness in marketing spending, and accelerating investments in artificial intelligence, machine learning, onboarding of gig-based travel agents, innovations and API services. HotelPlanner also plans to seek growth through potential future acquisitions in adjacent or complementary markets.
- An investor webcast and conference call will be held on August 10, 2021 at 8:00 am ET.
Hotel Planner Pros & Cons
- This website is receiving a lot of traffic according to Tranco ()
- According to Xolphin SSL Check the SSL certificate is valid.
- The owner of the site has claimed the domain name for a long time
- This website has existed for quite some years
- Flashstart did not find any malware of phishing activities
- This website is trusted by Trend Micro
- The website’s owner is hiding his identity on WHOIS using a paid service
- Several, mainly negative reviews were found for this site
With the right deal, booking travel — including flights, hotels, cruises or car rentals — on Hotel Planner could be worth it. It makes searching for travel relatively easy given the massive array of available listings, coupled with thoughtful search functionality to actually help you create your ideal itinerary.
But don’t automatically assume it’s a cheap way to book travel. Especially given the complicated cancellation policies, it might actually become among the most expensive, should an uninsured trip need to be canceled.