- 1 What Is SSENSE
- 2 Is SSENSE legit?
- 3 SSENSE Customer Reviews
- 4 Does SSENSE Have Sales & Coupon Codes?
- 5 Clothing Quality
- 6 SSENSE Shipping Review
- 7 How to Return Your Purchase to SSENSE
- 8 Who Delivers for SSENSE in the USA?
- 9 Why Is SSENSE so Cheap?
- 10 Popular Brands at SSENSE
- 11 SSENSE Shopping Review
- 12 SSENSE Men Clothing
- 13 SSENSE Women Clothing
- 14 How to Contact SSENSE
- 15 Stores Like SSENSE
- 16 SSENSE Pros & Cons
- 17 Is SSENSE Worth It?
What Is SSENSE
SSENSE is a fashion retailer that focus on selling luxury and streetwear. Based in Montreal, Canada, the company ships all over the world (over 40 countries) and offers an edited selection of clothing, accessories from over 200 international designers. And it’s not limited to designer clothes. SSENSE also offers sports accessories, home equipment, a wide selection of devices, tableware, and even luxurious products for your pets.
Is SSENSE legit?
Yes, SSENSE is a legitimate company. They sell only original clothing from authentic and trustworthy designers. SSENSE has a consumer rating of 4.4 stars from 39,969 + reviews on Trustpilot. Customers are generally satisfied with their shopping experience. SSENSE was featured in media as well, including CTV News, Canada NewsWire, and Flare.
Below you can read some reviews from real buyer’s, which also proves that SSENSE doesn’t sell fake items, and this website is safe to buy from.
SSENSE Customer Reviews
Candy Loo: “I never heard about SSENSE before, but they had pretty good deals, and it might be suspicious it might be a fraud, so I did a little digging. I knew that my friends also buy stuff from SSENSE, and I kind of rely on that, so that’s why I decided to buy a new item.
Let’s talk about the authenticity of it. According to SSENSE website they get all the products from the brands and the designers directly. Most of their products come with a card and a number where you can verify the authenticity of the product which I found awesome. For added assurance SSENSE will review every single order for quality control before they ship it.
I bought a black buckle bag from Versace Jeans Couture on SSENSE, and I was so freaking excited to get this item. What I love about this bag is that the strap is sizable. You can use it as a shoulder bag or a crossbody bag. It has three compartments inside, where you can fit two cell phones in your wallet, and it’s very spacious.
What I also like about SSENSE is that they do free shipping for over a hundred dollars, and they offer free returns.”
Stephanie Mumford: “I personally really love shopping from SSENSE to get my more high-end contemporary and luxury goods. Why I love them so much is their pricing and their duties.
My main reason for shopping from SSENSE is because at the time when I discovered SSENSE Holt Renfrew did not have a very robust online presence in Canada.
If you want to shop online in Canada, your options are to either order from the UK or order from the US. Both options have incredibly high shipping fees and lots of duties paid on your product because it’s not landed merchandise and it’s coming from elsewhere. The other issues that I was running into were things like Saint Laurent and Gucci.
So you’re looking at it on their official website, you’re wanting to order it, you call customer service to get it shipped to you. They won’t do it. The whole experience was a little bit frustrating and especially when I was hunting things like a scarf.
The alternative I found was SSENSE. They have an amazing selection and great Canadian shipping. It’s like you order one day, and the next day it’s already there. Customer service is amazing. It’s so fast, efficient, and so good. I’ve ordered from SSENSE a couple of times.
I have ordered my Levi’s faux leather and a pair of Gucci Black GG Supreme Tights. It has been nothing but a positive experience. The pricing is really good, and then you don’t have to pay any additional duties. Usually you have free shipping, and the cost that you see is the cost that you get. The tax depends on what province you’re in. I live in Ontario, and it’s about 13 CAD. I always pay the harmonized sales tax.
The other thing I want to talk about is the selection. I do find especially for certain things like these Gucci, supreme types were no longer being sold on the Gucci website, couldn’t find them. Anywhere they were on SSENSE. I love the fact that SSENSE usually has fairly good stock.”
Now, most of the complaints among the reviews concern customer service. Shoppers note that refunds and exchanges can often be finicky and stressful (plus may take a long time) . Of course, the reviews vary depending on each customer and their unique situation.
Does SSENSE Have Sales & Coupon Codes?
Yes. there are sale sections for men and women clothing on the website, the company was offering plenty of great deals and sales. Shoppers can expect discounts of up to 55%. SSENSE typically has big sales during the holiday season (Black Friday, Cyber Monday), plus seasonal sales. To keep up with sales, you can follow SSENSE’s social media for timely updates.
Many shoppers also mention that the items they have received from SSENSE were of good quality. When it comes to brands, one might also wonder whether the items sold on SSENSE.com are real. That being said, many reviews prove that there’s nothing to worry about – “Good quality, genuine products and fast service” and “I buy a lot of items, SSENSE is by far the quickest in terms of shipping and delivery, all products are carefully packed and real designer”.
SSENSE Shipping Review
It generally takes SSENSE 1-3 business days to process and ship an order. Shipping times may vary depending on the shipping destination. For Canadian customers, you can pay extra for the next-day delivery. Priority shipping costs $7-10 depending on the province.
The company also offers international shipping to over 40 countries. Shipping fees start at $20 and vary depending on the country. Free international shipping is available as well, but only on orders that exceed a certain amount. For example, free shipping is available for
- New Zealand on orders over $350
- the United Kingdom on orders over £200
- Europe on orders over €250 or $500, depending on the country
You can check the list of countries on SSENSE.com.
SSENSE International Shipping. List of Countries
- Mainland China
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- Cayman Islands
- El Salvador
- Saint Lucia
- South Korea
How to Return Your Purchase to SSENSE
SSENSE offers free returns to customers from Canada, the US, and Japan. To apply for a return, you need to:
- Request a return within 30 days of the delivery date;
- Make sure the item is in its original condition (unused, unwashed, unaltered);
- Return the items with all the tags and packaging in their original condition.
Keep in mind that items from the Final Sale category are not eligible for returns. Additionally, the company reserves the right to reject any returning items if they don’t meet the requirements mentioned above.
You can apply for a return through your SSENSE account form or contact Customer Service. It’s also worth noting that the company does not offer exchanges.
It might take SSENSE up to 5 business days to process your refund. Once it’s approved, the company will issue the refund to your original form of payment. Shipping fees are not refundable.
Who Delivers for SSENSE in the USA?
SSENSE uses USPS, DHL, UPS, and FedEx services for orders within the United States and usually tries to pick the best option depending on the customer’s location.
Why Is SSENSE so Cheap?
The main reason why SSENSE is cheaper is because the company sources its products from different suppliers. This allows them to get a better price on bulk orders. Additionally, SSENSE is more of an online marketplace. This means that they don’t have the same overhead costs as other retailers.
Popular Brands at SSENSE
- Acne Studios
- Alexander McQueen
- Dr. Martens
- Golden Goose
- Alexander Wang
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Jimmy Choo
SSENSE Shopping Review
The SSENSE website is extremely stylish, and that’s something that may catch your eye right away. Because the website does not look like your regular retailer’s shopping space, it may seem hard to navigate at first.
The main star of the website is, of course, clothing. There are three large categories: Menswear, Womenswear, and Everything Else.
Both Menswear and Womenswear include clothing, shoes, handbags, and accessories in an impressive variety of brands and designers.
The number of available items may seem overwhelming at first, but they are relatively easy to navigate using handy filters (by designers, colors, trends, price, and arrival).
As for the Everything Else section, it does not relate to clothing too much but includes a ton of stylish items nonetheless. It combines such categories as Activity (equipment and sports accessories), Technology (home tech, cases and covers, headphones, and speakers), Home (candles, fragrances, stationery, lighting, textiles, tableware, and vases), and Pets (accessories and apparel).
SSENSE Men Clothing
SSENSE carries an impressive variety of trendy pieces for men. The retailer covers all types of styles, including streetwear, formal, elegant, casual, and more.
- Clothing, including blazers, jackets, coats, jeans, pants, shirts, shorts, suits, sweaters, swimwear, tops, underwear, and loungewear.
- Accessories, including belts, suspenders, blankets, eyewear, gloves, hats, jewelry, keychains, pocket squares and tie bars, scarves, socks, tech, ties, umbrellas, wallets, cardholders, and watches.
- Shoes, including boat shoes and moccasins, boots, espadrilles, lace-ups, loafers, sandals, and sneakers.
- Bags, including backpacks, briefcases, duffle bags, messenger bags, pouches and document holders, tote bags, and travel bags.
SSENSE Women Clothing
The Womenswear section on SSENSE has quite a lot to offer. You can find almost an overwhelming amount of trendy pieces that are presented in various styles. There are clothing lines suited for pretty much everything, including casual events, a night out, lounging at home, and more.
Now, just like with men’s clothing, there are four main categories in the Womenswear section:
- Clothing, which includes activewear, dresses, jackets and coats, jeans, jumpsuits, lingerie, pants, shorts, skirts, sweaters, swimwear, and tops.
- Handbags, including backpacks, clutches and pouches, duffle and top handle bags, messenger bags and satchels, shoulder bags, tote bags, and travel bags.
- Shoes, which include boots, flats, heels, sandals, and sneakers.
- Accessories, including bag accessories, belts and suspenders, cosmetic cases, eyewear, fine jewelry, gloves, hats, jewelry, keychains, scarves, socks, towels, umbrellas, wallets, cardholders, and watches.
We believe it’s worth mentioning that since SSENSE offers designer pieces, some of the clothing items do not come in larger sizes. In most cases, the biggest size available is XL (or 14), so if you’re a plus-size person, you might have to spend more time trying to find something suitable on the website.
There are more sizes covered among the pieces by S Max Mara, Stand Studio, Khaite, and a few others.
How to Contact SSENSE
The company mentions that customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can follow SSENSE for updates on:
Stores Like SSENSE
Here’s a list of alternative websites for SSENSE that also sell clothing by top designers:
- Rue La La
SSENSE Pros & Cons
In this SSENSE review, we want to look at both the good and the bad side by side. By weighing all the pros and cons, you might find it easier to decide whether to buy from SSENSE or not.
- An impressive variety of brands and designers covering various styles, so there’s a suitable option for pretty much any shopper or occasion
- Many of the items presented on the website are cheaper than when buying from other retailers, which means you can save a few bucks
- Regular sales on quality pieces
- International shipping available
- Free standard shipping available for the US and Canada, plus free international shipping on orders that exceed a certain amount
- Free returns for customers located in the US, Canada, and Japan
- No direct exchanges available, you have to return the item and place a new order if you want to exchange something
- Some shoppers note that the company’s customer service quality is disappointing
- Shipping may take longer than expected in some cases
- Some of the items are sent without their original packaging, which may disappoint some users
- Refunds can take a long time to be processed
- There will be a return shipping fee if you aren’t located in Canada, the US, or Japan
- Not too many options for plus-size shoppers
Is SSENSE Worth It?
After scanning hundreds of reviews, we can assume that SSENSE is a safe retailer that’s worth buying from. The company offers an incredible variety of items, often at lower prices than on other websites (or when buying directly from brands). There’s a chance you may experience delayed shipping, but if you are willing to wait, SSENSE is worth giving a shot. Especially if you are looking for luxurious designer clothing and accessories and want to get the best deal. We can’t neglect all the negative reviews, of course. Having said that, let’s not forget that the number of happy customers significantly exceeds the number of complaints.