Heads up: Our content is reader-supported. This page includes affiliate links. If you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Burton Snowboards, a owned company established in 1977 by Jake Burton Carpenter is dedicated to crafting high quality snowboarding gear. Their range of products includes snowboards, bindings, boots, outerwear and accessories that cater specifically to the needs of snowboarders. The company, whose flagship store is in Burlington, Vermont, was privately owned by Jake Burton Carpenter (also known as Jake Burton), until his death in 2019, and by his wife, Donna Carpenter, who has been active in the business since 1983.
Burton is the leading snowboard brand in the world and is known for its innovative products and high quality. The company has won numerous awards for its products and marketing campaigns. Burton is also a major force in the snowboarding industry, sponsoring many professional snowboarders and events.
Burton snowboards are a good choice for snowboarders of all levels. They are made with high-quality materials and construction techniques, and they offer a variety of features that make them versatile and durable. However, they are also more expensive than some other brands.
Burton offers a wide range of products related to snowboarding and outdoor activities. Keep in mind that their product lineup may have evolved since then. Here are some of the product categories that Burton typically offers:
- Snowboards: Burton is known for its high-quality snowboards designed for various riding styles, including all-mountain, freestyle, freeride, and more. They offer boards for different skill levels and preferences.
- Bindings: Burton manufactures snowboard bindings that provide a secure connection between the rider’s boots and the snowboard. These bindings come with different features and technologies for improved performance and comfort.
- Boots: Snowboard boots by Burton are designed to provide comfort, support, and control. They come in various styles and flex ratings to cater to different riding styles and skill levels.
- Outerwear: Burton offers a wide range of outerwear, including jackets and pants, designed to keep snowboarders warm, dry, and comfortable on the slopes. These garments often incorporate waterproof and breathable materials.
- Layering: This category includes base layers, mid-layers, and other apparel that help regulate body temperature and provide additional insulation under outerwear.
- Accessories: Burton produces various accessories for snowboarding, such as gloves, mittens, beanies, helmets, goggles, socks, and protective gear.
- Backpacks and Bags: Snowboard-specific backpacks and bags are designed to carry equipment and other essentials. These bags often come with features like board-carry systems and specialized compartments.
- Travel Gear: Burton offers travel bags designed to transport snowboards, boots, and other gear when traveling to different snowboarding destinations.
- Apparel: In addition to outerwear, Burton also offers a range of casual and lifestyle apparel inspired by snowboarding culture. This may include t-shirts, hoodies, and more.
- Snowboarding Accessories: This category can include items like stomp pads, tuning kits, board locks, and other tools or equipment that enhance the snowboarding experience.
Prices for Burton snowboarding equipment, apparel, and accessories can vary widely depending on factors such as the specific product, its features, the model year, and the region or country in which you’re shopping.
Deals & Discounts
I can help you find deals and discounts. Here are some ways to find them:
- Sign up for email alerts: Burton often sends out email alerts with special offers and discounts. You can sign up for these alerts on the company’s website.
- Follow Burton on social media: Burton also posts about deals and discounts on its social media pages. You can follow the company on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Check out Burton’s outlet stores: Burton has a number of outlet stores located around the world. These stores sell Burton products at discounted prices.
- Look for promo codes: There are a number of websites that offer promo codes for Burton products. You can find these codes by searching online.
- Shop during sales seasons: Burton often has sales during the holiday season, spring, and summer. You can find great deals on snowboards during these sales seasons.
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping costs: The shipping costs will vary depending on the retailer, the size and weight of the item, and the shipping method.
- Shipping time: The shipping time will also vary depending on the retailer and the shipping method.
- Return policy: The return policy will vary depending on the retailer. Some retailers offer free returns, while others charge a restocking fee.
- Refund policy: The refund policy will also vary depending on the retailer. Some retailers issue refunds as soon as the item is returned, while others may take a few days or weeks.
Some tips for shipping and returns:
- Read the fine print: Before you make a purchase, be sure to read the shipping and return policy carefully. This will help you avoid any surprises later on.
- Choose the right shipping method: If you are concerned about shipping costs, choose a slower shipping method. However, if you need the item quickly, choose a faster shipping method.
- Pack the item carefully: When you are returning an item, be sure to pack it carefully to avoid damage.
- Request a tracking number: When you return an item, request a tracking number so you can track the progress of the return.
Is Burton Legit?
Yes, Burton is a legitimate company. It is a leading manufacturer of snowboards, bindings, and outerwear. The company was founded in 1977 by Jake Burton Carpenter and is headquartered in Burlington, Vermont. Burton is a publicly traded company and is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
Some things that you can look for to verify that a website is legitimate:
- The website has a secure connection: The website address should start with “https”. This means that the website is using a secure connection and your personal information is encrypted.
- The website has a good reputation: You can check the website’s reputation by reading reviews from other customers.
- The website is transparent about its shipping and return policies: The website should clearly state its shipping and return policies so that you know what to expect.
- The website is responsive to customer inquiries: If you have any questions about the website or its products, you should be able to get a response from customer service.
- If you are still unsure about whether a website is legitimate, you can contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- The BBB is a non-profit organization that helps consumers resolve disputes with businesses.
According to the BBB, Burton has an A+ rating. The company has been accredited by the BBB since 1985 and has a complaint history of less than 0.3%.
So, yes, Burton is a legitimate company and you can safely shop on their website.
Is Burton Safe?
Yes, Burton is safe. The website uses a secure connection (HTTPS) and has a good reputation. The website is also transparent about its shipping and return policies and is responsive to customer inquiries.
Some additional things that make Burton safe:
- The website uses industry-leading security measures to protect your personal information, including SSL/TLS encryption and NoFraud payment verification.
- The website has a terms of service that outline the rules and regulations for using the website.
- If you are still unsure about whether Burton.com is safe, you can contact the company’s customer service department. They will be able to answer any questions you have and help you feel confident about shopping on their website.
Where to Buy
There are many places where you can buy Burton snowboards. Here are a few options:
- Burton.com: This is the official website of Burton Snowboards. You can find a wide selection of Burton snowboards on the website, as well as other Burton products such as bindings, boots, and outerwear.
- Local snowboard shops: There are many local snowboard shops that sell Burton snowboards. These shops can be a great place to get personalized advice from a knowledgeable staff member.
- Online retailers: There are many online retailers that sell Burton snowboards. These retailers often have competitive prices and offer a variety of shipping options. Some popular online retailers include Amazon, Evo, and Backcountry.
- Outlet stores: Burton has a number of outlet stores located around the world. These stores sell Burton snowboards at discounted prices.
When choosing where to buy a Burton snowboard, you should consider the following factors:
- Price: The price of a Burton snowboard will vary depending on the model and the retailer.
- Selection: Some retailers have a wider selection of Burton snowboards than others.
- Shipping: Some retailers offer free shipping or discounted shipping on Burton snowboards.
- Customer service: Some retailers have better customer service than others.
Burton provides customer support services to assist customers with inquiries, issues, and information related to their products and services. Here are some common ways you can reach out to Burton’s customer support:
- Customer Support Website: Burton’s official website likely has a dedicated customer support section where you can find information about frequently asked questions (FAQs), product care instructions, warranty information, and more.
- Contact Form: Many companies, including Burton, offer online contact forms that you can fill out to submit your questions or concerns. Look for a “Contact Us” or “Customer Support” link on the official Burton website.
- Email: You may be able to contact Burton’s customer support team via email. Check the official website for an email address or a contact form that you can use to send your inquiries.
- Phone: Look for a customer support phone number provided on the Burton website. This can be especially helpful for more urgent matters or if you prefer speaking to a representative directly.
- Live Chat: Some companies offer live chat support on their websites, allowing you to have a real-time conversation with a customer service representative.
- Social Media: Burton may have active social media accounts where you can send messages or comments with your questions. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are often used for customer support.
- Retailer Assistance: If you purchased Burton products from an authorized retailer, they might be able to assist you with basic customer support inquiries or direct you to the appropriate channels.
- Warranty Information: If you have a product covered by Burton’s warranty, the customer support team can guide you through the warranty claim process and address any related concerns.
Pros & Cons
- Quality: Burton snowboards are known for their high quality. The company uses high-quality materials and construction techniques to make their boards durable and responsive.
- Innovation: Burton is constantly innovating and developing new technologies for their snowboards. This has helped them to stay ahead of the competition and offer some of the best snowboards on the market.
- Versatility: Burton snowboards are designed for a variety of riding styles, from freestyle to freeride. This makes them a good choice for snowboarders of all levels.
- Brand recognition: Burton is one of the most popular snowboard brands in the world. This means that you can be sure that you are getting a quality product when you buy a Burton snowboard.
- Price: Burton snowboards are typically more expensive than other brands.
- Weight: Burton snowboards can be a bit heavier than other brands. This can be a con for some snowboarders, especially those who are looking for a lightweight board.
- Limited selection: Burton does not offer as wide of a selection of snowboards as some other brands. This can be a con for snowboarders who are looking for a specific type of board.
Burton snowboards are a good choice for snowboarders of all levels. They are made with high-quality materials and construction techniques, and they offer a variety of features that make them versatile and responsive. However, they are also more expensive than some other brands, and they may not be the best choice for snowboarders who are looking for a lightweight board or a wide selection of models.
If you are looking for a high-quality snowboard that is made with durable materials and construction techniques, then a Burton snowboard is a good option. However, if you are on a budget or are looking for a lightweight board, then you may want to consider other brands.
Ultimately, the best way to decide if a Burton snowboard is right for you is to try one out. Go to a local snowboard shop and ask a salesperson for help finding a board that is right for your skill level, riding style, and the type of terrain you will be riding.