Our content is reader-supported. If you click on our links, we may earn a commission.
The much-awaited iPhone 13 series is unveiled by Apple last night. The good news is that the brand new series is coming to India first. It’s happening for the first time that Apple is launching its brand new iPhone series in India right in the first wave. The brand new line-up comes with a set of brand new features, upgrades, design, and storage. In fact, the prices have also gone up for some variants. Let’s quickly take a look at all the Apple iPhone 13 Series features one by one.
What’s new in the series?
- The new series of iPhones is coming with a brand new A15 Bionic processor.
- The brand new series flaunts an improved camera module with a wide-angle lens.
- There is a smaller notch compared to the last series.
- The battery life has also been improved than before.
- The 5G connectivity is a brand new feature across all iPhones in the new series.
- The base variant now comes with 128GB storage.
Information about the new variants, including design, storage, features, and price
Design and body
- The new line-up of the iPhone 13 series is coming with four variants, including iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are flaunting the same flat-edge aluminum frames that we have seen in the iPhone 12 series.
- There is a Ceramic Shield material right on the front to enhance its protection.
- There is also an IP68 dust and water resistance ratings on the new series.
- The brand new series is now available in 5 new colors, including Pink, Blue, Starlight, Midnight, and Red.
- The new series is designed with recycled plastic water bottles, especially for antenna lines.
- This time, Apple has used surgical-grade stainless steel only for the iPhone Pro variants. Along with that, the Pro variants have given a customized finish that will give the utmost resistance from corrosion and abrasion. The Pro models have different colors, including Gold, Graphite, Sierra Gold, and Silver.
- The brand new series comes with brand new camera features. The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are coming with a brand new wide-angle camera that will grab more light and reduce the noise significantly in the shots.
- Both are given an f/1.6 aperture and sensor-shift optical stabilization.
- In fact, the night mode has also been improved. It will work faster than before.
- The all-new 12MP ultra-wide camera is coming with an f /2.4 aperture followed by a brand new Cinematic Video Mode that supports advanced rack focus for moving subjects.
- However, the Pro variants have a brand new 77mm telephoto camera along with 3X optical zoom. They are also coming with an ultra-wide camera that is capable of taking macro shots over 2cm away from a subject. However, a primary wide camera is given an f1.5 aperture to squeeze more light and less noise. The best part is that all the cameras will work with the Night Mode in the Pro variants.
- There is also a brand new photographic style with brand new features to click professional photos and videos.
Hardware and performance
The brand new iPhone 13 series is powered by the super-fast A15 Bionic chipset that has a 6 core CPU and a 16 core Neutral Engine. According to Apple, the performance on the brand new series will be 50% better than the competitors and the previous generation. On the other hand, iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini have the A15 Bionic with a 4-core GPU, and the Pro variants have a 5-core GPU.
The battery life has also been improved in the new series. Apple has promised to offer 1.5 hours more battery life on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 mini. However, there is a boost of 2.5 hours in the iPhone Pro Max and iPhone 13 respectively.
Storage & pricing
This time, Apple is launching the base variant with 128GB storage which is good news for all iPhone lovers. Due to the storage crunch, Apple has discontinued the 64GB variant with the brand new iPhone 13 series. Now, iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are available in three storage variants, including 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The price for all iPhone 13 mini variants is going to be Rs. 69,900, 79,900, and 99,900/- respectively in India. However, the price for iPhone 13 Pro variants is going to be 79,900, Rs. 89,900, and Rs. 99,900/- respectively.
On the other hand, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max are coming in 4 storage variants, including 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB. The price range for iPhone 13 Pro variants is going to be Rs. 1, 19,900, Rs. 1, 29,900, Rs. 1, 49,900, and Rs. 1,69,900 respectively. And, the price range for iPhone 13 Pro Max is going to be Rs. 1,29,900, Rs. 1,39,900, Rs. 1,59,900, and Rs. 1,79,900 respectively.